Dr. Wicholas was born and raised in Washington State. He graduated with honors and Phi Beta Kappa from Cornell University and received his medical degree from Yale University School of Medicine, where he was selected to Alpha Omega Alpha honor society (awarded to top ten percent of graduating class). Dr. Wicholas completed his psychiatry residency at the University of Washington in Seattle, where he was awarded the graduation prize for “Clinical Excellence.”
After residency, Dr. Wicholas lived abroad for several years in Canada and New Zealand where he worked as an attending psychiatrist in academic medical centers, including a faculty appointment at the University of British Columbia in Vancouver, BC. In 2012, Dr. Wicholas returned home to Seattle to open his own psychiatric practice and to pursue his interest in psychoanalysis at the Seattle Psychoanalytic Society and Institute. He currently holds a faculty appointment at the University of Washington and is active in teaching psychiatry residents. In addition to his private practice, Dr. Wicholas also provides psychiatric consultation to a local Eating Disorders clinic in Seattle.
Dr. Wicholas is board-certified in general psychiatry by both the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology and the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons Canada.
- University of Washington, Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences
- Seattle Psychoanalytic Society and Institute
- American Psychiatric Association
- American Psychoanalytic Association
- Academy of Eating Disorders
- Eating Disorders Association of Canada
- Washington State Medical Association
- British Columbia Medical Association